The Fenton Gift Shop, located in the same building, also has a large quantity of glass remaining in their inventory.
This type of glass has a long history pre dating Fenton. Fenton had glass chemist Charles Goe develop a way to make it since the way it was made was long forgotten.
The piece starts out as a ball of glass that is rolled in small pieces of broken glass called frit.
operations over the next few months." Their plans involved laying off 25 employees immediately, and in the following weeks, the rest of their workers would be laid off.
However, on December 4, 2007, Fenton Art Glass released a press statement, saying that due to an unexpected buying frenzy and internal restructuring, the company would stay open until at least the spring of 2008.
In 1970, the company added their logo to the bottom of their "Original Formula" Carnival Glass pieces to distinguish them from their older Carnival Glass pieces.
In 1974, Fenton started putting their logo on all the pieces they made.
In an open letter in August 2008, company president George Fenton said that thanks to the buying frenzy, the company had been able to institute some reforms, and wouldn't be closing in the foreseeable future.
On July 6, 2011, Fenton Art Glass sent out a press release stating they would "wind down production of its collectible and giftware glass products." According to WTAP TV, "The company cites financial challenges since its restructuring in 2007 and recent developments as factors in its decision to shut down its traditional glassmaking business.
From 1905 to 1920, the designs made there were heavily influenced by two other glass companies: Tiffany and Steuben.